Skip to main content

My Children's Help

I was just thinking today about what I would ever do without the help of my children.

They wash and dry my dishes...they hang up and fold most of my laundry...they sweep my floors...run countless errands...yes, they are the biggest help to me. They can never know how much I appreciate it.

Why, just today, I discovered in the afternoon (that is completely another story!!!) that I was going to have supper guests. After my moment of panic, I set about organizing. With some of their help, the floors were swept, the cabbage grated, the laundry folded, the bars baked, the table set, and the living room presentable when the guests walked in the door.

What a blessing!!! Five years ago I could have never gotten that accomplished!!! Thanks, children! I don't tell you enough how much I appreciate you. And I'll try to remember it even when the clean clothes are in piles on my bedroom floor, the dishtowels are strewn over the floor, and I stub my toe on the sweeper that hasn't been put away. I love you anyway! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm officially moving to xanga. Please come visit me there. I might be back someday, but right now xanga is more user friendly and a lot of my friends are over there. Sorry, bloggers. My address is: http://www.xanga.com/bubblingteapot

Spring Cleaning is Dangerous!!!

My house was in sad need of a cleaning from top to bottom today . I was planning to clean the downstairs yesterday, but I've learned the flexibility is essential here. I didn't get one thing cleaned yesterday. So, this morning, I'm thinking that I will do a quick over all cleaning. But as I began looking at the living room I saw so many things that needed to be cleaned I decided to spring clean the whole room. Very dangerous! So instead of cleaning my house, I spent all day cleaning my living room. I was washing and hanging out curtains, polishing the lights and windows, dusting the shelves, cleaning out magazine racks, wiping the baseboards, and oh, my, everything looked so nice. Such a good feeling!!! The last thing that needed to be done was to roll up the big rug and haul it outside. These sweepers over here are for the birds. Every so often we just have to take our carpets out and beat all that dust out of them, which isn't impossible since we don't have wall-t...

I Hate Mending

There! That makes me feel better! I... ...detest ...abhor ...despise mending. I'm sure those of you who are virtuous mothers are shaking their heads and wondering what is the matter with me. I don't know where I missed it, but the pile of mending in my sewing center makes me cringe with hatred. Why do I wait until all of Allison's dresses are missing a button before I finally, grudgingly get out my needle and thread? Why does a dress hang for two years in my closet with chopped off sleeves that are only waiting for one seam? Why do John's Sunday pants lay over my bedroom chair for weeks before I finally get around to sewing the loophole back on? I've always hated repairing clothes. When I learned to sew and sewed my sleeve in upside down, I would have rather started all over than to tear out the one little seam. Mending is such a tedious chore. But today, when I finally got around to sewing on six buttons on six dresses, sewing up a hole in the back of another, and...