Skip to main content

Top Ten Questions

Ten questions waiting to be answered:

  1. How should we celebrate Valentine's Day this year or should we just skip it?
  2. How can I get my house organized without any effort?
  3. Should I prepare a book proposal and send it to an editor?
  4. Should we buy property in Poland and build or just keep renting this cold house?
  5. Where should we go for summer vacation (or maybe we should just stay home)?
  6. How do you keep your children well and entertained all winter with limited indoor space and with only a postage stamp sized property?
  7. What do you do when you have 6 pairs of boots and 6 pairs of shoes by the front door and there are only room for 3?
  8. What do you do with soaked snowsuits, wet gloves, and stinky socks that come in from the outside?
  9. What do you do when your daughter is reading your blog over your shoulder?
  10. How can I get my family to come visit me next year?

Comments

Anonymous said…
that made me laugh about alli. i really don't know what i'd do with all your questions. and i would love to come visit but...actually maybe some of us will. don't know. don't get excited yet but dad was asked to help with some meetings in romania this spring. and if he's that close........but like i said, i don't know. so don't get excited yet. :) gina
Anonymous said…
When I lived in the Sawtooth Mountains in Idaho, we installed a ski rack on the entry wall. We installed 1.5"X3" dowels at intervals. We installed vinyl floorcovering on the wall to protect it, and we hung up all of our boots, gloves, scarves, etc. They got dry, didn't take up any floorspace and they were handy going out or coming in. If you don't have much width, you could still stagger the dowels up and down the wall. Hope this helps with one of your questions. I can't help you with the stinky socks!
Anonymous said…
1. Celebrate...doesn't have to be lavish
2. I don't know but when you figure it out send it my way.
3. Sure, you are a good writer
4. Keep renting so Poland doesn't seem so permanent to me. =)
5. Come visit me.
6. You can't unless you are way smarter than me.
7. Tell everyone to go barefoot.
8. Throw them in the dryer you don't have.
9. Don't let her know how irritating that is. Just love her anyway.
10. Send us $5,000.
Love you! Esther
Anonymous said…
1. Never skip celebrating Valentine's day!!! How about a "heart attack all over the house. Cut hearts from red, pink and/or white paper adn put them everywhere!

2. Have you tried www.flylady.net?

5. Austria? Germany?

6. See #1 above

9. Be glad she likes being that close to you, then tell her if she has nothing else to do you have a list of chores for her :-)

Another Mrs S.
Momof3 said…
Were you bored when you thought up these random questions, Laura? =] They tickled me!
I'm interested to see what all replies you get.....
~Lez
Momof3 said…
Does Esther not have her blog anymore? I couldn't access it....
~Lez
You're absolutely right, Lez. I couldn't think of any fresh inspiration. Esther moved to Xanga. You can try this link http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Esther_lynn . Hope it works. Thanks all for your suggestions. I'll have to try some of them.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm officially moving to xanga. Please come visit me there. I might be back someday, but right now xanga is more user friendly and a lot of my friends are over there. Sorry, bloggers. My address is: http://www.xanga.com/bubblingteapot

I Hate Mending

There! That makes me feel better! I... ...detest ...abhor ...despise mending. I'm sure those of you who are virtuous mothers are shaking their heads and wondering what is the matter with me. I don't know where I missed it, but the pile of mending in my sewing center makes me cringe with hatred. Why do I wait until all of Allison's dresses are missing a button before I finally, grudgingly get out my needle and thread? Why does a dress hang for two years in my closet with chopped off sleeves that are only waiting for one seam? Why do John's Sunday pants lay over my bedroom chair for weeks before I finally get around to sewing the loophole back on? I've always hated repairing clothes. When I learned to sew and sewed my sleeve in upside down, I would have rather started all over than to tear out the one little seam. Mending is such a tedious chore. But today, when I finally got around to sewing on six buttons on six dresses, sewing up a hole in the back of another, and...

Spring Cleaning is Dangerous!!!

My house was in sad need of a cleaning from top to bottom today . I was planning to clean the downstairs yesterday, but I've learned the flexibility is essential here. I didn't get one thing cleaned yesterday. So, this morning, I'm thinking that I will do a quick over all cleaning. But as I began looking at the living room I saw so many things that needed to be cleaned I decided to spring clean the whole room. Very dangerous! So instead of cleaning my house, I spent all day cleaning my living room. I was washing and hanging out curtains, polishing the lights and windows, dusting the shelves, cleaning out magazine racks, wiping the baseboards, and oh, my, everything looked so nice. Such a good feeling!!! The last thing that needed to be done was to roll up the big rug and haul it outside. These sweepers over here are for the birds. Every so often we just have to take our carpets out and beat all that dust out of them, which isn't impossible since we don't have wall-t...