Skip to main content

My God, My Elohim


 Thoughts on Genesis 1-3

My God, Elohim, Creator of heaven and earth, and Creator of me. This is a personal reminder of his great plan for me. 

We are living symbols on earth of His own self. He put within us the "breath of life." Something only He can give. The first covenant was broken by man, but praise be to my Creator, he provided a second covenant to bring us back to Him! Jesus paid the blood atonement for my sins and conquered death forever.

Though our bodies die and decay, the Lord, my God will again plant the tree of life (Rev. 22:2) and we can once again experience an Eden (delight, a land of happiness) when we die and go to be with our Creator, our Redeemer, our Lord.

The path of the just is as a shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. -Prov. 4:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm officially moving to xanga. Please come visit me there. I might be back someday, but right now xanga is more user friendly and a lot of my friends are over there. Sorry, bloggers. My address is: http://www.xanga.com/bubblingteapot

Spring Cleaning is Dangerous!!!

My house was in sad need of a cleaning from top to bottom today . I was planning to clean the downstairs yesterday, but I've learned the flexibility is essential here. I didn't get one thing cleaned yesterday. So, this morning, I'm thinking that I will do a quick over all cleaning. But as I began looking at the living room I saw so many things that needed to be cleaned I decided to spring clean the whole room. Very dangerous! So instead of cleaning my house, I spent all day cleaning my living room. I was washing and hanging out curtains, polishing the lights and windows, dusting the shelves, cleaning out magazine racks, wiping the baseboards, and oh, my, everything looked so nice. Such a good feeling!!! The last thing that needed to be done was to roll up the big rug and haul it outside. These sweepers over here are for the birds. Every so often we just have to take our carpets out and beat all that dust out of them, which isn't impossible since we don't have wall-t...

Trip to Oregon

As some of you already know, I made an unexpected flying trip to be at my sister Judy's wedding this past week. My Dad had some free miles that he used to purchase my ticket only a little more than a week before the wedding. We decided to try to surprise everyone. But the trip wasn't without it's problems. When I got to Warsaw the first morning, my flight to London was cancelled because of the fog. (Warsaw can handle piles of snow, but not fog). The next day I went back to Warsaw and began my delayed trip. When I got to Vancouver that evening and my one hour flight to Portland was cancelled. (Vancouver can handle dense fog, but not snow!!!) Five out of six of my flights were either delayed or cancelled!!! I arrived in Portland a day and a half after I was planning. I had lots of stories to tell. Here are a few excerpts I wrote home while there: "Well, the story doesn't end yet...I don't have a way to call you so I thought you would probably check email first th...