Skip to main content

It Wasn't My idea


I never planned to start a blog. In fact, I don't have time to blog. But my dear sister (I think it was her. I'll blame it on her) told me that this would be a great place to post my monthly updates for everyone to read. It scares me a little to think that anyone and everyone around the world can read about my little life here in Poland, but I will try it and see if I really do feel exposed. So, here I go!

Comments

Dorcas said…
Welcome, Laura! I look forward to stopping by for tea and cookies.
Anonymous said…
Welcome to the blogosphere! I look forward to hearing more of you.
Kathryn said…
And a welcome from me as well. ;-)
Japheth said…
Hello from Minnesota! Welcome to the bloggie world! Oh, by the way, anybody can read your blog but I won't tell you about the hundreds of thousands of blogs that are also asking to be read! :-)

Just a little ego check. LOL!!

Seriously, I look forward to hearing what God is doing over there in your world.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm officially moving to xanga. Please come visit me there. I might be back someday, but right now xanga is more user friendly and a lot of my friends are over there. Sorry, bloggers. My address is: http://www.xanga.com/bubblingteapot

Spring Cleaning is Dangerous!!!

My house was in sad need of a cleaning from top to bottom today . I was planning to clean the downstairs yesterday, but I've learned the flexibility is essential here. I didn't get one thing cleaned yesterday. So, this morning, I'm thinking that I will do a quick over all cleaning. But as I began looking at the living room I saw so many things that needed to be cleaned I decided to spring clean the whole room. Very dangerous! So instead of cleaning my house, I spent all day cleaning my living room. I was washing and hanging out curtains, polishing the lights and windows, dusting the shelves, cleaning out magazine racks, wiping the baseboards, and oh, my, everything looked so nice. Such a good feeling!!! The last thing that needed to be done was to roll up the big rug and haul it outside. These sweepers over here are for the birds. Every so often we just have to take our carpets out and beat all that dust out of them, which isn't impossible since we don't have wall-t...

Trip to Oregon

As some of you already know, I made an unexpected flying trip to be at my sister Judy's wedding this past week. My Dad had some free miles that he used to purchase my ticket only a little more than a week before the wedding. We decided to try to surprise everyone. But the trip wasn't without it's problems. When I got to Warsaw the first morning, my flight to London was cancelled because of the fog. (Warsaw can handle piles of snow, but not fog). The next day I went back to Warsaw and began my delayed trip. When I got to Vancouver that evening and my one hour flight to Portland was cancelled. (Vancouver can handle dense fog, but not snow!!!) Five out of six of my flights were either delayed or cancelled!!! I arrived in Portland a day and a half after I was planning. I had lots of stories to tell. Here are a few excerpts I wrote home while there: "Well, the story doesn't end yet...I don't have a way to call you so I thought you would probably check email first th...