Skip to main content

Week without Hubby

My dearest of husbands left yesterday to spend the week touring Poland with "Hope Singers 2006", a group of 25 singers directed by Lloyd Kauffman. They are giving programs in many different evangelical churches throughout the country. I heard them on Friday night for the first time and totally enjoyed their program.

Why is it that it isn't until your husband leaves you for a few days that you realize how much you love him, miss him, and can't function without him. I mean the house seems to echo his absence!!!

And I can't understand. I mean, my children hardly ever get sick. I can count on one hand the times they have been seriously ill in the last five years. Well, early yesterday morning soon before John left, Derek started throwing up. He was so sick all day. All I got done was rubbing his back, reading to him, making him more comfortable, and trying to get him to drink. My!!! What a day. And, of course, John was nowhere around. It was one of the longest days of my life. I was exhausted! But, PTL, that night he slept the whole night, and today started eating, so hopefully he is mending. And I'm praying that God will spare the rest of us. It was awful for the little guy.

Derek (lying on his bed after a trip to the bathroom): I feel pretty good, Mom, but my legs are dizzy.

Comments

Dorcas said…
And John isn't there to fetch you coffee! And sugar! And cream!

(Smucker reunion joke, sorry)

Grace and peace to you.
Anonymous said…
yah dorcas, sounds a little familiar here too. :) ha..laura, i really wish that i could've been over there this year but maybe when i'm "older and more mature" :) hopefully anyway..i had to laugh at derek tho. that was really cute..and i hope he's over his sickness by now. sounded horrible! love you guys, Gina

Popular posts from this blog

I'm officially moving to xanga. Please come visit me there. I might be back someday, but right now xanga is more user friendly and a lot of my friends are over there. Sorry, bloggers. My address is: http://www.xanga.com/bubblingteapot

Spring Cleaning is Dangerous!!!

My house was in sad need of a cleaning from top to bottom today . I was planning to clean the downstairs yesterday, but I've learned the flexibility is essential here. I didn't get one thing cleaned yesterday. So, this morning, I'm thinking that I will do a quick over all cleaning. But as I began looking at the living room I saw so many things that needed to be cleaned I decided to spring clean the whole room. Very dangerous! So instead of cleaning my house, I spent all day cleaning my living room. I was washing and hanging out curtains, polishing the lights and windows, dusting the shelves, cleaning out magazine racks, wiping the baseboards, and oh, my, everything looked so nice. Such a good feeling!!! The last thing that needed to be done was to roll up the big rug and haul it outside. These sweepers over here are for the birds. Every so often we just have to take our carpets out and beat all that dust out of them, which isn't impossible since we don't have wall-t...

Trip to Oregon

As some of you already know, I made an unexpected flying trip to be at my sister Judy's wedding this past week. My Dad had some free miles that he used to purchase my ticket only a little more than a week before the wedding. We decided to try to surprise everyone. But the trip wasn't without it's problems. When I got to Warsaw the first morning, my flight to London was cancelled because of the fog. (Warsaw can handle piles of snow, but not fog). The next day I went back to Warsaw and began my delayed trip. When I got to Vancouver that evening and my one hour flight to Portland was cancelled. (Vancouver can handle dense fog, but not snow!!!) Five out of six of my flights were either delayed or cancelled!!! I arrived in Portland a day and a half after I was planning. I had lots of stories to tell. Here are a few excerpts I wrote home while there: "Well, the story doesn't end yet...I don't have a way to call you so I thought you would probably check email first th...