Skip to main content

Latest Joke

Recent conversation heard between my two youngest:

Derek: Alli, I have a joke for you. If you were going to be executed...
Alli: Whhhhat? What's that?
Derek: You know, like getting your head chopped off...now, if you were going to be killed which room would you choose?
Alli: (from the shower) Whhhhhhhhaaaattttt?
Derek: (repeats joke)
Alli: Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaattttt?
Derek: Okkkayyy! (sigh) I'll say it one more time (repeats)
Alli: Derek, I can't hear you!!!!!!
Derek: Alliiiiii, you have your ears covered.
Alli: Derek, just wait until I get out of the shower. Ok?
Derek: I won't tell it then.
Alli: Okkkkayyyyy! Tell me again.
Derek: Now, if you were going to be killed which room would you choose? a room with lions that hadn't eaten in three years, a room with a fire, or a room full of soldiers?
Alli: uuuuuuhhhhhmmmmmm! None of them!!!
Derek: You HAVE to choose one!!!
Alli: Ok, I think a room with fire.
Derek: Hee! hee! hee! hee! A room with lions that haven't eaten for three years. 'Cuz they'd be dead. Hee! Hee!

Comments

Dorcas said…
Oh how funny Laura!!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm officially moving to xanga. Please come visit me there. I might be back someday, but right now xanga is more user friendly and a lot of my friends are over there. Sorry, bloggers. My address is: http://www.xanga.com/bubblingteapot

Spring Cleaning is Dangerous!!!

My house was in sad need of a cleaning from top to bottom today . I was planning to clean the downstairs yesterday, but I've learned the flexibility is essential here. I didn't get one thing cleaned yesterday. So, this morning, I'm thinking that I will do a quick over all cleaning. But as I began looking at the living room I saw so many things that needed to be cleaned I decided to spring clean the whole room. Very dangerous! So instead of cleaning my house, I spent all day cleaning my living room. I was washing and hanging out curtains, polishing the lights and windows, dusting the shelves, cleaning out magazine racks, wiping the baseboards, and oh, my, everything looked so nice. Such a good feeling!!! The last thing that needed to be done was to roll up the big rug and haul it outside. These sweepers over here are for the birds. Every so often we just have to take our carpets out and beat all that dust out of them, which isn't impossible since we don't have wall-t...

Trip to Oregon

As some of you already know, I made an unexpected flying trip to be at my sister Judy's wedding this past week. My Dad had some free miles that he used to purchase my ticket only a little more than a week before the wedding. We decided to try to surprise everyone. But the trip wasn't without it's problems. When I got to Warsaw the first morning, my flight to London was cancelled because of the fog. (Warsaw can handle piles of snow, but not fog). The next day I went back to Warsaw and began my delayed trip. When I got to Vancouver that evening and my one hour flight to Portland was cancelled. (Vancouver can handle dense fog, but not snow!!!) Five out of six of my flights were either delayed or cancelled!!! I arrived in Portland a day and a half after I was planning. I had lots of stories to tell. Here are a few excerpts I wrote home while there: "Well, the story doesn't end yet...I don't have a way to call you so I thought you would probably check email first th...